Wednesday, December 1, 2010

30 Days: Meeting Senator Patty Ritchie

I met Patty at Harborfest in Breitbeck Park. Shortly after Darrell Aubertine and Will Barclay gave us their blessing to have a Harborfest from onstage, I met a nice woman in the crowd who asked me to sign her petition. She said that she wanted to run as the Taxpayer candidate and needed my signature in order to run. I told her no thanks, I don't really do the hole political thing and I hadn't even voted until the Hoffman race in 2009. But then she went down the list of inhumane taxes that those two apes on stage felt I needed to pay so that they wouldn't have to tell the public employees that they wouldn't be getting raises or that the criminals in the City that they would have to work to feed their McDonalds loving guts. She told me that they felt I needed to pay some 150-odd new taxes, and that's just from what they did in 2010 alone. I was mad, I was angry, I felt like I had to do something, so I told her I would sign her petition and I would tell everyone I knew that they needed to vote for her if we ever wanted our government to work in this State. The thing that impressed me the most about her was that while she was telling me all of this awful stuff that Albany did she was calm, she was like a teacher reading a picture book to a class. Let me tell you I couldn't do that, I'd be yelling, I'd be angry, I'd certainly scare away every voter around.

So that's how I know Patty and also is my first goal for her: don't make taxpayers do your job for you. That means cut spending and cut taxes. I heard Carl Paladino say over the summer that if he were the Governor, the first thing he would do is cut spending 20% and cut taxes 10%. I want to see Patty make sure that both things happen. Carl's out, but because of people like me she ran as the Taxpayer candidate and won, and I don't have a doubt in my mind that she will show up everyday to do her job.

1 comment:

  1. Good post I am someone who believs the way you do I just wanna remind you that it does not stop with your johnny hancock it it just started we need you to step out and help you see it comes from the people to help that rep make things happen people up we jave to work hard to help her make her goals.Please she needs us now not just when she saw you that day,I have been on comitee and went dooor to door with people who have run they are just human and with out a collective effort things wont get done...

    ReplyDelete